Self reflection is the key to self-care.
Check out our tips on how to include self care and self reflection in your every day life.
Self care is the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one's own health. This is something a lot of us often forget to do on a daily basis because we are so busy and do so much in one day all while making sure everything gets done. In the midst of all of this we often forget that we are really important as well.
Each day we wake up and already have a million things on our minds and throughout each day we will do what feels like a million things, but where does time for self care come in?
Each morning while you are drinking your morning coffee/tea, use only ONE word to describe how you want your day to go. Throughout the day keep your mind fixated on that word and try your best to achieve it.
How to make sure you don't forget to include self care in your daily routine.
Self-Reflection is the key to self care. To care for yourself you need to have goals for yourself, big or small. You will need to want to grow and to reflect back on your actions, thoughts and emotions.
Here's how to start using self reflection each day to make sure you are giving yourself a little bit of self care every day.
Each day, at some point in your day when ever you get 2-5 minutes to yourself, open your journal, notepad or your phone and start to write.
To self reflect is one of the most admirable things as you are going to reflect on the positive and the negative. You are going to learn a lot about yourself that maybe you never knew.
While writing try to answer some of these questions:
- What are you feeling right now?
- What are you proud of today?
- Did you find yourself disappointed at some point today? If so, why? What could you have done to change this? If nothing, then write about reminding yourself to let go of the things that you cannot change.
- What is your self goal this week? What did you do today to work towards this goal?
- How would you change your actions from today to feel better tomorrow?
Once you are done writing each week, go back and read your daily journals and reflect back on your week as an entirety. Take a look at how far you have come, how you have learned to handle situations differently and how you feel better or worst each week in order to improve.
Reflecting back each day will help you clear your mind, body and soul. You will learn to ask yourself those difficult questions on a daily basis and create weekly, monthly or even daily goals, what ever works best for you. By self reflecting you will learn to build emotional self awareness and learn more about your own personal strengths, weaknesses, needs and emotions.
Tip: Remember it takes time.
Yes, self care and self reflection require you to make short or long term goals for yourself but that does not mean you should be adding pressure to yourself. The large goal here is SELF CARE. You are the only person who knows what you need, so you will have to make time to give yourself what you need. Whether it is eating healthier, exercise, a hot bath or binge watching your favorite show. Self care is not just mainly focused on growing as a person and loving yourself, it is remembering that no matter how busy life may seem you will always need some time for yourself and to do something you enjoy.
Tip: Stay Positive
REMIND yourself throughout the day to say positive things to yourself and others. You are awesome, you are strong, you can do this and you will achieve that..are all examples of things you can say to yourself and others to keep a positive mindset. If needed keep positive quotes on your phone or as your background of your desktop/phone so when ever you need a pick me up they are there.
Self care tips/ideas
- Meditation & Yoga - We recommend using one of our MeditationRings while performing any meditation or yoga as the constant motion of the spinning bands on your ring while meditating or performing yoga have been shown to restore a sense of calmness & inner peace. They work to help you stay calm and relax.
- Take a hot bath - Lots of people find taking a hot bath with essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus before bed is the best way to relax your mind and shut off your thoughts so you can get a good nights sleep.
- Take a walk - It has been proven by lots of doctors that exercise is the BEST stress relief but that doesn't mean it has to be drastic. Just taking a brisk walk can reduce anxiety up to 20 percent and help you feel more relaxed.
- Go on day trip - Plan a trip and go with a friend, significant other or even ALONE. If you want to do something you enjoy don't hold back. Self - care is a must have and if you find you feel like you have been running in circles for months and have not had a moment to yourself then give yourself a day trip to unwind and replenish your mental health.
- Watch one of your favorite movies or shows - allow yourself to put things to the back burner and enjoy something that is just for you.
- Read a book -
- Write in a journal
- Dance - listen to a playlist that is all you and let loose.
- Cook - Cooking can be seen as therapy for some making time to cook something you enjoy eating or enjoy cooking. ENJOY it.